Tuesday, April 13, 2021

LAZY VS. BUSY



I love this picture!  Wouldn't it be great to be that dog, lying on the couch asleep with a few poppyseed muffins nearby?

I've always been a busy person.  Ever since I can remember I've been a multi tasker.  I've never been able to "just watch TV," I've always got something else going on.  I'm either reading, or working on the laptop, or sewing.

Lately, I've come to the realization that I have either become lazy, or so busy that I might as well be. 

Lazy and busy would seem to be mutually exclusive.  How can a lazy person be busy, or a busy person be lazy?

Well, I think I've figured out how to do it.  You just keep yourself busy with unimportant things and get lazy about the more important things.  For instance, spending too much time on the web means you're busy, but it also means you can be lazy about cleaning your house.  See what I mean?  Being "busy" is a great way to avoid doing things you don't want to do.

I'm rarely not doing something.  You'll never find me sitting and just watching TV or sitting and staring.  I'm always doing something; working on my laptop, playing with my dog, teasing my husband, (always great fun!), talking on the phone to my Mom, and generally busily thinking of ways to keep busy.  I do manage to keep my house in some semblance of order, but larger jobs like cleaning my studio or cleaning out my fridge and kitchen cabinets....well, I just never have the time for them.  I'm just too busy!

I think you're beginning to get the picture.  Unfortunately, lately, I've been too busy to quilt.  You'd think that I'd put quilting on the "busy" side of things as opposed to the "lazy" and in the past that would have been true.  However, I've been busier on the design/art side of my life so my creative juices have been flowing in a different direction.  The "need" I've had to create with fabric has been set aside as I work on getting my blogs back up and running. I plan to work all week getting a bunch of posts scheduled right now.  I've been through this before so I know it's only a matter of time before I'm knee deep in fabric scraps again and I'm looking forward to it.

Until then, I hope all of you are keeping those quilting fires burning for me. 

Happy Stitching,

Susan

No comments: