Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Temperature Rising

Well, that's it for me!  Temperature at 101 after taking medication.  This is truly brutal crud.  The only one who's enjoying this is my little dog, who loves it when someone sleeps during the day.  So glad I'm at least making him happy.

The thing that I'm amazed at is that I can still type and that I'm so bored.  Usually I don't get bored until I'm feeling better, but all I see when I look around me is things I need to do, and I actually want to do them!  (And I'm talking house cleaning here!)  But, the way I feel there's no way much is getting done except a couple of posts and a long nap.

I remember when I was at school that I used to fantasize about being sick and getting to stay home.  Being sick doesn't seem so bad when you're well.  However, when you really are sick, you never have the energy to do the things you thought you'd be able to do.

I remember when a friend of mine was pregnant she had all these plans about what she was going to do on her maternity leave.  I listened patiently and then told her that I wouldn't be too ambitious.  Having a new baby in the house is exhausting and when you finally have 10 minutes to yourself you'll find yourself so tired you end up just sitting there, staring at the wall.

Well, a few weeks after her baby was born she called me and said, "Guess what I'm doing?  Staring at the wall!"

There are some things in life we just can't control, new babies and illness are two of them!  So, I'm going to sign off now and hope that my fever goes down far enough that my fingers will no longer throb and I can do some work on my Tufted Tweets quilt.

Happy Stitching!
Susan

23 comments:

Stray Stitches said...

Take care of yourself. Everything you see that needs to be done will still be there when you are feeling better.

Linda said...

Hope you're soon back to normal! You might try a jigsaw puzzle to pass the time. Or you might just stare at the wall and relax. Stray Stitches is right - everything will still be there when you feel better.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you are soon feeling much better.

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Hope you are soon feeling much better.

Paul said...

Take it easy and Get Well soon...

Christine said...

I hope you feel better soon! And I agree..everything will be there when you feel better.

Anonymous said...

Miss Bonnie sent me over here to tell you to feel better soon.

Susan said...

I hope you are feeling better soon!

Donna said...

Hope you are feeling back to normal soon. Being sick is NO fun. Puzzles or word games are how I pass the time when I'm sick. OR you could actually look at the Quilt Magazines you get. LOL I hardly ever look at mine. Anyway, rest & feel better soon.
Hindsight Quilting

Karen said...

Being sick stinks!! But it does allow your body to recoup and give it what it needs. It's great when you can just sleep through it all, but horrible when you feel well enough to move around but too sick to do anything else. I hope you get well soon!

Anonymous said...

I have a daughter down with fever as well. She is getting stir crazy. But, the most she feels like doing is walking from the bed to the couch and back again. I hope you both are feeling better soon.

Karen said...

I know how you feel..i have had a daughter and 2 grandbabies at my house for the past week and a half...all sick. they went home yesterday..now i got up this morning with the crud...hope you feel better real soon and remember..plenty of fluids and rest.

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are under the weather. Feel better.

Robin said...

In the same boat! Had to call off work. That would be great, but like u said sick can't do anything!

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are feeling so blaaaaa, Ms Cranky (lol) Will be praying for you to feel better VERY soon.

LInda said...

Sure hope you get better soon.God bless,

pk said...

Ugh that's no fun ! Hope you are up and sewing soon !! gentle hugs

Pat said...

Thank goodness for good medicine and warm comforters! I hope you feel much better soon!

Towanda said...

Sure hope you get better soon but allow your body time to rest and rejuvenate for the next big project.

Anonymous said...

Look at it this way, when we quilters get sick, we are so much luckier than 'normal people'. We have beautiful quilts to cuddle up in. Feel better soon !

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. Rest and design new quilts. hehe

Bonnie said...

Thank you for making me laugh in your time of coldish discomfort. At 60 years of age I can identify with that all elusive quite time/staring at the wall moment! : )
Take care and drink some nice hot tea/lemon/honey.

Joyce said...

Take care now. Drink lots of water and chicken soup is not only good for your soul but for this too! Get well soon.