Saturday, January 8, 2011

Fun in Two O One One!


Once again, I've been remiss in posting.  It's weird, I'm either too busy to post, or I'm so not busy that I have nothing to post about.  If life were only easy....

Anyway, my last post was about what a fraidy cat I am.  It's actually a combo fraidy cat/lazy cat problem.  I could blame the laziness on the fraidy cat, and vice versa.  However blaming doesn't change anything, only action does!

So, I've become action Mama!  I've been spending the last week working on a couple of new projects which I will be launching in the next few days.  Neither is a money-maker, but I've realized that going after cash rarely results in any, so it's better to do what you love and what feels the most important to you.  Hence, my new projects, which I hope will inspire others and maybe get some other fraidy cat/lazy cat  people off their keesters. 

I actually need someone to pull me off the couch and cattle-prod  me.  Hopefully it'll take less effort to get others motivated because my upper body strength isn't what it used to be and I wore out my cattle-prod reminding my son to lift the toilet seat!

More on all of this in the next few days....


Don't you just love those cute little floss bobbins?  I found this delightful blog which has links to all kinds of free patterns for just about anything.  There's some quilting stuff listed but the other categories are also lots of fun.  It would be a great place to search for fundraising projects.  The site is well designed and managed by three women from "Down Under."  You can search by type of project so it makes it easy to find what you're interested in.  The bobbins are from Wild Olive, but link through 
http://freebiesforcrafters.blogspot.com/ so you can check out the other goodies.  The bobbins are under "Embroidery" in the search field. 

 Of course, since it's a New Year I'm once again dedicating myself to taking off some of this tonnage.  I had an unsuccessful run at it last year, but I haven't given up yet.  It gets harder as you get older but it also becomes more important.  So, I'm cutting back and hoping that now that we no longer have those late dinners because of football I can get my dieting mojo back.  The hardest part is giving up the Diet Coke! Seems weird that I have to give up a diet drink when I diet, but for some reason Diet Coke makes me want to eat more.  Hence, it must be banished.....

I also made a decision about buying fabric.  I'm trying to work from my stash, but don't really want to give up the opportunity to pick up styles and colors that won't come around again for a while.  So, I've decided that I'm only going to buy fabric in even months of the year.  This means buying only in February, April, June, August, October, and December.  This way, even if I encounter a sale I can only indulge if it's one of those months.  It will take away a lot of temptation. Also, since June is my Birthday and the Pacific International Quilt Festival is in October, I should be OK.  We'll see how it goes....

That's it for now, I've got a little break between football games, so I should probably get started on the laundry.  It's funny because now that all of the Christmas stuff is put away the house seems bigger and cleaner.  So much easier to ignore that overflowing laundry basket, (although the stinky gym clothes aren't as easy to ignore!).

I'm off to quell the stench and make sure my son doesn't have to go to school naked.

Happy Stitching!

Susan

No comments: