Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Dart of Shame


Thanks Staci!

Those of you who haven't dropped by http://www.fraidycatquilters.com/ missed a comment by Staci where she innocently noticed that I hadn't posted anything about a quilt I was going to make last June.  Of course, she didn't know that I'd never made it.  Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!!

Yes, I know it's a shock to all of you, (sure!), that I have not finished or started a lot of the projects I mention in this blog.  Now, my intentions are honorable.  When I say I'm going to do something, I really do mean it.  But life rears it's ugly head, or I lose my enthusiasm, or, most likely, I just move on and forget about it.

Bad quilter, bad, bad, bad, (sound of me being pelted by wet noodles)!

Now, don't feel bad Staci.  You did not personally shoot me with the "Dart of Shame," I'm perfectly capable of doing it myself.  Your innocent comment about wanting to see my imaginary quilt was probably the most motivating thing that's happened to me in a while.  I am going to dig out those Tufted Tweets fabrics today, and although I'm not going to make any promises, I'm determined to make something I can can share on fraidy cat, just to prove to myself I can do it.  I'm taking on a challenge!

Do any of you have a jelly roll or fat quarter collection that you were determined to do something with but haven't yet?  If so, take the challenge with me!  Let's attack a WIP or a UFO or an IQ, (imaginary quilt), and
get 'er done!

I'd love to hear about what you have in the pipeline.  If you want to post photos you can send them to me at susan@thecrankyquilter.com and I'll put them up along with your comments.

Oh, and check out http://www.fraidycatquilters.com/, it's cathartic and fun!

Thanks for the motivation!

Happy Stitching!

Susan


1 comment:

Staci said...

Ooops! Me and my big mouth!
I guess our minds are in some kind of sync, because after reading your comment on fraidy cat about the Tweets, I started thinking about all the fabric in my closet gathering dust. I pulled out a huge stack I've spent nearly a year collecting and starting pressing it. I'm hoping to start cutting it up tomorrow. Now, I have to actually stay with it and not get bored and wander off into some other project!