Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Phoebe by Wendy Slotboom for In The Beginning Fabrics

Once again, it's been a week since my last post.  It's hard for me to believe because it seems like yesterday that I put up the last post, but we all know how time flies, especially around the holidays!

My hubby is in Europe on a business trip for about a week so I'm off my normal schedule.  At first I kind of like being able to stay on the laptop or work in my studio until 2am, but now it's been three days and I'm regretting the loss of sleep.  I'm too old to stay up that late on a regular basis and I should know better, but it's so tempting to just throw caution to the wind when the opportunity presents itself. 

Last night when I should have been keeping up with my posting, I started looking at Hancock's of Paducah's  Presale selections.  I fell in love with the one above, it's called Phoebe and is by Wendy Slotboom for In The Beginning Fabrics.  It's expected in stores sometime in January.

It's perfect timing for this fresh and cheerful fabric line.  Everyone can use a bit of cheering up in the depths of January, even out here in California, (it's been very dreary around here the past few days....don't get me started).   I particularly like the zinnia print in blue, it has a graphic look up close, but at a distance it looks more realistic.  I'm really liking blue again, I'm actually trying to get my client to accept it as a border for a holiday card!  Here's a closeup:
Isn't it cute?  I really love the dots in the flower centers and the little red lady bugs.  The other patterns are just as cute, and although some are a little too bright for me, I really like many of the others.  Too bad I have no more space for new fabric until I start using up the old, (and too bad this won't be out until January as not buying any more fabric is my New Year's Resolution....that and losing 25 lbs, we know how long those will last!).

Well, I'd better get going.  My client is coming over tomorrow so I need to clean my house.  I hope she doesn't need to use the bathroom near my studio, it's my 12 year old son's....you know how nasty that is!  I will be cleaning it again tonight but it doesn't take him long to make it look like it's been used by a platoon of  mud spattered soldiers, (with very bad aim, if you catch  my drift!).

Hope all of you are enjoying the holiday season!

Happy Stitching!

Susan



No comments: