Thursday, December 2, 2010

Decorating Madness

It's hard to believe that it's already December and once again it's time to get the house decorated for Christmas.

I'm not a Bah Humbug kind of person but this decorating thing is starting to get out of hand.  Last year it took me a week to put everything out and a full day to take it all down.  I'm not going there again!  The house looked great, but it wasn't worth losing all the quilting time.

This year my husband is going to be gone every weekend before Christmas so we picked out our Christmas tree on Sunday  I've been angling for one of those prelit fake trees (yeah, I know, I'm lazy about it), but I really hate putting on the lights and every year my hubby says he'll do it and every year he has a reason why he can't.  So, once again I spent 2 hours putting the lights on an 8 ft. tree.  I checked all of the lights before putting them up and then when I had them on the tree they wouldn't work.  Four times I put the lights on before I got a complete set that was blinking randomly and  had most of the lights lit.  The amazing thing is that the tree is still in the house, as I was very close to tossing it, all 20 sets of lights, (most of which are dead...why we still have them I don't know!), and a few choice words out the window.

This afternoon I finally finished decorating the tree, my mantel, and front hall table.  The biggest challenge is setting up our Christmas houses.  Every year I set up several vignettes in different parts of the house which used to be easier as I had taken photos of where everything is supposed to go.  However, when my computer crashed, I lost those photos!  Yikes!  Now I'll have to figure it out somehow.

Oh well, it won't be too bad as I decided that this year I wasn't going to do as much decorating as I usually do.  I only used about half of the ornaments I have on the tree and decided not to switch out my everyday china with my Christmas set.  The house is still going to look great but I'm determined to make some time to actually finish some Christmas gifts this year. 

I'll post some photos tomorrow so you can see what I've been up to.  In the meantime...

Happy Stitching, (and decorating!)

Susan

No comments: