Saturday, November 6, 2010

Raider Nation

I've been posting a lot lately about having a hard time getting motivated.  A lot of that has to do with how busy our lives have become since my son started playing football.

He's nearly 13 and is playing in a local league.  His team is 8-1 and has a playoff game later today.  If they make it today, then they have a championship game next weekend, and then it's the "Super Bowl" the weekend after that.  This season goes on and on.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.  My son's league has been offered the opportunity to have two of its' Varsity teams play a scrimmage on the field at the Coliseum after the Raider-Chiefs game.  Of course, my son is on one of those teams so we'll be hanging out in Raider Nation tomorrow from 8:30 am until God knows when.  It's going to be a long day.

I lived in Oakland for 14 years and grew up in Northern California so I'm very familiar with the Raiders.  However, I've never been a fan.  My family were 49er Faithful and still are, even though the glory days are long gone.  Of course we were fans before the Glory Days, so it's not so hard, at least we had them!

We have our tickets but we're not sure how close we're going to be to the dreaded "Black Hole."  My husband is concerned because of all of the stories he's heard about it but I told him to just wear silver and black and keep your "Go Chiefs" to yourself.  We'll be OK although we may hear some colorful language.

My son is excited because he's going to be able to play on an NFL field, and it will be his first NFL game so it should be fun.  Of course, it's supposed to rain, and I'm coming down with a cold....

It's becoming more and more apparent why I call this blog "the cranky quilter"!

Oh well, as Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day!"

Happy Stitching,

Susan





1 comment:

Bluzbrod said...

That's pretty funny about not being Raiders fans. Many, many moons ago, I lived in Alameda, and we went to lots of Raiders games. But my DH and I were two out of maybe three people in the stands who always rooted for the other team, any other team, whoever! We encountered a little resistance when we'd try to walk through the stands to get to the bathrooms or concession stands -- LOL! Fun years! Good luck to your kiddo.