Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Overwhelmed Brain

Hi Everybody!

I just realized it's been a week since I posted last.  Wow, I was really on a roll cranky-wise there for a while.  I wish I could say that the crankiness is gone but it's kind of morphed from annoyed cranky to overwhelmed cranky.  I'm not sure which is better!

What is it about October that seems to stress me out?  I know I'm not the only one as I've heard this from a lot of folks.  It should be the calm before the storm of the holiday season, but instead it seems to be one neverending series of unfortunate events.  Maybe Halloween's in October for a reason.....

What we really need is a whole month where no one expects anything from us and we can just kick back and drink margaritas.  Dream on!!

Anyway, for me a lot of it has to do with my revenue generating graphic design business.  Out here in California October is a big month for events.  Weddings are in season because the weather isn't too hot in the Valley or too cold in the Bay Area.  Also, it's a gorgeous time of year in the Napa Valley.

A lot of conventions are happening, as well as corporate events as it's the last chance for everyone to hold their meetings before things become chaotic around the holidays.  So, suffice it to say, it's been busier than usual for me.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love being busy!  The problem is getting back into the swing of it after a hiatus.  The graphic end is so different from the quilting end, mainly because it involves more client interaction, hence more personal issues.  Nothing serious, just dealing with people who want the impossible for nothing.  Kind of normal, I guess!

My son's fall break also always ends up happening at the same time as the business uptick so he's wanting to go here and there and do "fun" stuff and I have to be the "Grinch that Stole Fall Break."  Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!

There have been some good developments.  I have just signed up with Artfire.com and am working on putting some of my quilts and embellishments up for sale.  It's a lot more complicated than I thought so it's taking me longer than I'd hoped.  However, my hubby got me a new camera for our anniversary so I should be able to get better photos, and hopefully be fully operational within the next couple of weeks.  I'll let you know when it happens.

I am disappointed because it looks like I won't be able to go to the Pacific International Quilt show next weekend.  My son has football on Saturday, and I won't have enough time to go during the week to make it worth my while and still get back in time to take him to football practice.  Kind of a bummer because I could use an infusion of inspiration and mojo-ness.  Not to mention shopping and hanging out with like minded folks.  Oh well, that's the way the cookie crumbles....which reminds me, it's time for lunch!

Hope all of you are jamming through some great projects.  I'm still working on my Joann's quilt but haven't had much time.  I guess I better get going because the deadline is mid December!

Happy Stitching!

Susan

No comments: