Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Quilter's Home Mojo Ribbon

Isn't this fabulous!  This is the ribbon I received for my Mojo Doll.  It was designed and made by Melissa Thompson Maher, one of the editors of Quilter's Home.  I wanted to photograph and post it before I put it in the shadowbox frame I purchased this morning.  If you're part of a guild or are putting on a quilt show, what a fun project this would be!  I'm sure someone has an embroidery machine, and just think of the fun you could have making ribbons for different categories.

Thanks Melissa for a distinctive and fun ribbon!  I have others but none as special as this one.  I'd also like to thank Jake Finch for the certificate she sent me.  It was very clever and fun, and unfortunately is already framed so I can't post it here.  (I should have scanned it first!).

I received my winnings from the Mojo Doll contest.  What a bunch of fun stuff! 

Of course, my favorites were the half yards of beautiful batiks!  I love these, especially since I don't have any of them already.  Also included was a selection of Riley Blake's Velvet Rickrack, (very cool), a funky polymer clay covered needle case, (love that), a great little magnetic bookmark, (which I will use), several DVDs and books, and a Simplicity Deluxe Sidewinder.  I don't do a lot of machine work but this gadget is great.  I'd actually started using prefilled bobbins because I hated the hassle of winding them on my machine.  No more!  I have a lot of empty bobbins that I will start winding with my almost empty thread spools.  I love to have filled bobbins handy and usually I don't care too much what color they are, (since I do so much "scrap" piecing I can't match the thread anyway!).

There was one duplicate in the box and I will be offering it up as a giveaway in the next few days.  In the meantime, I'm going to take the opportunity to get some actual sewing done.  Hope you can do the same!

Happy Stitching!

Susan

No comments: