Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Mojo Marge Is A Winner!

OK, I've known about this for a while now, but I was sworn to secrecy until September 1st.  The big news is that Mojo Marge has won first place in the Quilter's Home Magazine Quilter's Mojo Doll Contest!   I got a call from Jake and Melissa in July, it turns out that they had so many entries and everyone seemed so excited about it that they decided to have a contest and pick winners.  So, it turns out that Mojo Marge's journey was a successful one as she now wears the Mojo crown, (and ribbon), go Marge!!!

This is also particularly sweet for me because the 3rd of September would have been my grandmother's 100th birthday.  Her name was Marjorie, but she was universally known and loved as Marge.  Along with the rest of my family she was one of my biggest fans and supporters.  She always encouraged me and it was in her honor that I named my Mojo Doll Marge.  Happy 100th Birthday Grandma!  We miss you down here!
The winner's dolls will be featured in the next issue of Quilter's Home which is due in stores in mid September.  They're going to publish a ton of pictures, and the dolls that don't make it into the magazine due to lack of space will be available to be viewed on their website.  I'm supposed to be receiving a link I can post, when I receive it you'll be able to link from my blog to the site.

Congratulations to all of the winners!  We've sure got our MOJO on!!!
PLACE WINNERS

FIRST PLACE: Susan Gannon O’Connell, Brentwood, CA: Mojo Marge

SECOND PLACE: Louise Tiemann, Vestal, NY: Family Yoyo Mojos

THIRD PLACE: Laurie Sonntag, East China, MI: Rose Amanda

FOURTH PLACE: Jennifer Vaughn, Castle Rock, CO: My Quilting Self

FIFTH PLACE: Carmen Czachor, Port Angeles, WA: Small Stuff

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Kathy Arcadi, Fair Haven, NY: Momma and Nick

Susan Brooks, Morris, MN: Abigail

Sue Clayton, Manorville, NY: Chocoholic Mojo

Shera Eckles, Reno, NV: Tallulah and Archimedes

Jamie Eggleston, Osceola, IN: My Sassy Voodoo Weapon Against the Enemies of Creativity

Molly Elgin, Bloomdale, OH: Mojohowitz (Molly’s lifelong nickname is Mojo.)

Jean Gerow, Newfield, NY: Maria

Jenice Grimes, Chandler, AZ: Priscilla

Ria Hawkins, Melbourne, FL: Sparkie Lee

Carol Wanke, Yakima, WA: Bonnie Bling

I'm supposed to be receiving a prize package soon, it's going to be a bunch of stuff worth about $300.  I can't wait to get it and when I do I'll let you know what's in it.  It's kind of fun not knowing as it will be a great surprise.  My son has made me promise not to open it unless he and his Dad are with me.  They want to share in the fun.

I'm still working away on a variety of projects.  A little graphic design work kept me busy last week and I've got a little more on tap this week so the quilting is going to have to take a backseat.  Besides, I need to clear out all this clutter before I can even get to my quilting projects.  Yikes!

Happy Stitching!

Susan

1 comment:

koconnell said...

Congratulations!!! An happy birthday to your grandmother. Very cool.
Kendall