Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mojo Marge is Living Large

The October/November issue of Quilter's Home is now available in stores.  If you get the chance, check out the Mojo Dolls.  There are some really great ones, with great stories as well.  Of course the magazine is chock full of other articles, especially one about the Quilt Police, (who are a lot like Quilt Meanies, if you ask me!).

I'd like to give a special thanks to Jake and Melissa and the wonderful folks at QH for their blurb about me and Mojo Marge.  There's something so special about this magazine coming out this month, when my doll's inspiration, my grandmother, would have been 100 years old.  Makes you wonder....

Anyway, the dolls aren't up on the website yet.  As soon as they show up I'll let you know and provide a link. My prize package is also not here yet, so as soon as I get it I'll let you know what's in it. I can't wait.

Also, a call out to Louise, who won 2nd place.  What a sweet woman she is to get in touch with me and give me her congratulations.  She's had her share of sorrow, but what a sweetheart she is.  Congratulations to you too Louise!  It was great to see your family of Mojo dolls, so much work and heart put into each one.

Well, that's it for me tonight.  I'm still working on my sample for CT Publishing's Creative Troupe.  I'll give you an update tomorrow.  I'm heading a little into that "rubber glove" world, although I still refuse to wear them!  I don't think what I'm working with is toxic, so my fingers will just get dirty.  It has been interesting though and as an experience is worth at least one post, maybe two if my frustration continues.

In the meantime, 

Happy Stitching!

Susan

No comments: