Friday, September 17, 2010

Dollar Daze

Wow, I was finally able to find the time to post!  It's been crazy, and will get a little more crazy before it calms down, but it won't be long and then I can relax.  Yeah, really!

I've been meaning to post about this for a couple of weeks but am only now getting around to it.  Above are some bandanas that I picked up at the Dollar Store.  They were sold in packs of 2, and for a buck I thought they were a pretty good deal.  I love the patterns, so fresh and fun, and the fabric quality wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, so I'm happy with that as well.  Besides, it's better than I expected for 50 cents apiece.

I bought these with the intention of using them for my C&T Publishing sample, but ended up using batiks instead.  I still think they're a good candidate for painting and embellishing so I may tackle that soon.  The quality isn't what I'd use for a larger quilt, but since I cut everything up into tiny pieces, I think I will get some use out of them. 
I did finally finish my sample!  Talk about taking it down to the wire, I was at the post office yesterday at 1:00 deciding if I should spend the $18 to make sure it got there today, or opt for the $5.50 which "should" get there today.  C&T is only about 30 miles from here so I took my chances.  I'm glad I paid for the delivery confirmation service because I just checked and it was delivered this morning....just making the September 17th deadline.  I hate it when I do this to myself!  Too much stress over something so small!

Well, that's all for now.  I have some things I have to get done before our houseguests arrive tomorrow, so I'll have to call it a post.  Hope you all have a great weekend and also that I'll have more time to chat next week.  I've been mulling a few things around in my head but if I wait too long those thoughts will disappear like my glasses always seem to!

Happy Stitching,

Susan

No comments: