Friday, August 20, 2010

Double Bummer

I'm sure this has happened to you.  You wake up in the morning excited about getting some quilting done, and then, life intervenes.

Today was one of those days for me.  It's been a tough few weeks as I've been suffering with this summer's version of a flu/cold.  I'm not really sure what it is but it's been no fun as it's been lingering for weeks.  Of course, it hasn't been as bad as some bugs I've had.  I never had a high fever or really awful symptoms, just a continuous "not feeling good" vibe with a new surprise each week.  It started with a sore throat, low grade fever, and cold symptoms and since it didn't seem to be progressing like most colds do, I assumed it was a flu bug.  But then it lingered and kept adding new and annoying developments.  Not enough to put you in bed, just enough to make you feel like you're not sick enough to go to bed.  I think I may have caught the initial bug and then in my vulnerable state, my son went back to school and started sharing.  So, I've been catching everything out there.  My husband now seems to have his own lovely version of what I'm not so affectionately calling "the creeping crud."  He seems to be getting over it quicker, but he always does because as all of you women out there know, he can rest.  Enough said!

The only good thing about this "crud" is that I've been able to use those snatches of "down time" to finish one of my WIPs and am halfway through another.  There's always a silver lining!

This week is the first week that I've had enough energy to tackle cleaning out my studio and starting some new projects.  I've got a few ideas I want to tackle, plus I'm designing the quilt I'm going to be entering in Joann's "Quilt your Colors" contest, (more about that later).  So, I planned out my day last night, ran my few errands after I dropped my son off at school and set down at my desk to check my emails.  At that moment the phone rang, it was my son calling to say that he didn't feel well and wanting me to pick him up. 

So, now you know why I didn't get any quilting done today after all.  He's caught the "crud" and hopefully will be able to play in his first football game tomorrow night.  Knowing him he'll be over it in 24 hours, (kids are amazing), but that can't give me back my "quilting day."  Double bummer as it's no fun for him being sick either.

Well, as Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day!" and the game isn't until 8 pm so hopefully he'll be cured of the "crud" and I'll have a happy day in the studio.

Oh, and another thing.  I just found out that I will be able to share my "big news" on September 1st, (I mentioned it a couple of weeks ago).  Until then you can wonder what it is, (speculate away!).  Odd's are it won't be as exciting as I make it out to be, but hey, good news is always welcome!

In the meantime, I hope you enjoy your weekend, it should be nice and cool out here in California.  This time of year it's usually in the 100s, but tomorrow the high's supposed to be 79 degrees.  It'll feel like a fall night for the football game.  I need to remember to bring a jacket, I nearly froze to death at practice last week!

Happy Stitching!

Susan

No comments: