Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Time Flies . . .

Once again I have to write, "It's been a while."  I know I am a naughty blogger. . . too many days, not enough posts . . . but I don't know what to do about it. 

I love having quilting projects to show you and discuss but all of my projects are ongoing and it takes so long for me to get anything to a stage that I can photograph and post about that I'm getting very frustrated, (and if you can follow that sentence....well, you're more on top of it then me!).  I really need to find a way to speed up my working process but then that would necessitate kicking my son, husband, and dog out of the house.  Probably not a workable plan.

I assume that many of you are like me.  We really need to work on our projects, to jump on those great ideas that pop into our heads, to just clean our desks so we can find our keyboards.  But life intervenes, someone's yelling that they're hungry, they can't find their shoes, or the dog just threw up.  Then there's that pesky never ending laundry and dishwashing, the beds need to be changed, the toilets need to be cleaned, and then the dog throws up again.

Well, you know what I mean.

Sometimes I envy people who don't have this drive to create.  I've never not had it so I don't know any other way to be, but sometimes I think it would be great to take a vacation from it.  To just "be" for a while. 

But then I wouldn't be me and that doesn't seem right either.

Oh well, I guess I'll just carry on as usual!  I'm still working away on my usual bevy of projects and have a new idea that I hope to share with you next week.  In the meantime I'm going to try to not be so hard on myself.  I either feel bad because I'm neglecting my quilting or neglecting my family.  I definitely can't do the latter, but I don't want to do the former either.  Maybe eventually I'll find that balance but for now I'll just keep truckin' along .

Happy Stitching!

Susan

2 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Good luck finding that balance. I struggle with it, too.For me, it's all that plus struggling with balancing work with it all, too. Man....I wish I knew the answers!

Colleen said...

You are definitely speaking the language of my life and quilting!!! My creative side never turns off, to "just be" is unknown to me. All areas of my life are on full speed all the time. At 60 that can be very tiring, but half a Flexeril sure does help me have good nights along with my CPAP therapy! A good night's sleep fuels my daytime frenzy. Lots of mornings I start with quilting and then do my cleaning while watching a couple of soap operas that are also part of my day. Jumping up every commercial break to do something really fast!!!
Just wanted you to know that your post really spoke to me. I may not get a lot of deep cleaning done but always have good home cooked meals and beautiful quilts and happy husband, children 4, and happy spoiled grandchildren 5.
each and every one of them are as proud of me and my quilts as I am of each one of them.
God has blessed me so much!!!