Friday, April 23, 2010

Where Have You Quilted?

Today I was sitting at my desk quilting and it occurred to me that it was kind of a strange place for me to do it.  It's actually supposed to be my writing/blogging/design area.   I usually do my hand sewing in my comfy chair in the family room.

It got me to thinking about how many different kinds of places I've quilted in. 

I often quilt while traveling in the car during long road trips.  My sewing bag gets packed before anything else! 

Of course, train trips and flights are a given, although it's a little more difficult since 9/11, (and since they're charging for bags!).  Now, I travel with a small sewing kit and take simple things with me to work on.

I've also sewn in many hotel rooms all over the country.  As well as in our comfy tent while camping, (once during a freak rain storm).  And I've often spread a blanket on the edge of a river and pulled out some hand piecing while my husband is fly fishing.

Of course there's the waiting room at the doctor's office, my hospital room (before I went into labor), in the car while I'm waiting to pick my son up at school, and on the sidelines of many a baseball and soccer game.

There just never seem to be enough hours in the day and I try to take advantage of even a few moments to get something done.  Besides, when I'm sewing I'm a lot less stressed out!

What unusual place have you quilted?

Happy Stitching, (wherever!)

Susan

1 comment:

Queen of the Unfinished Project said...

How about at a nuclear power plant? Been there, done that.Um....where else? Car, of course, hotel rooms- mandatory since there isn't anything else to do there... hospitals...Nope. Nothing else really tops the first one, does it? Love your blog, btw. : )