Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My 96th Post!

I can't believe that this is my 96th post!  It seems like only yesterday that I started this blog and I have to admit it's been a great thing for me.  I've struggled with my creative side all my life so it's great to have a place to go to vent, and to share my frustrations and joys. 

I'm coming up on my 100th post and in honor of that I will be having my first giveaway.  I wish it was going to be some fancy expensive machine or yards and yards of great fabric.  Unfortunately, I don't have those kinds of resources.  However, I do have something that no one else has, and that is a selection of my handmade embellishments.

As you probably know by now, I have a real obsession with embellishment.  Along with purchased buttons, beads, etc., I also make my own buttons and other embellishments.  I love making and using them!

I'm in the process of making up a few oversized button cards and will publish photos of them in my next post.  Along with the handmade items there will also be a selection of my bead mixes and other odds and ends.

To enter my giveaway, send me an email at thecrankyquilter@gillygaloofus.com.  I will be accepting entries through Friday, April 16th and will announce the winner in my 100th post on Saturday, April 17th.  Please only one entry per person per day. 

Oh, and an update on my diet.  It's going great!  I didn't weigh myself before because I get too discouraged when I think about how many pounds I have to lose.....scary!  So, I've been judging by a particular pair of pants that I try on every morning.  They started out with my barely being able to zip them up, Now they zip up easily and I can stick my fist between my back and the waistband.  Fortunately, I've lost over two inches in my chest.  Now, I know there are people out there who'd think that would be a disaster but I've always been very "blessed" in that department and it's great to be able to see my feet again!

So, I'm starting week 3 and haven't cheated yet.  I love this diet because I no longer have any cravings. The hardest part is that the meals can be boring, so I try to liven things up.  It's amazing what a little salsa can do!

I'm also working away on one of my WIPs and may have some pictures in a day or two. 

Happy Stitching!

Susan

1 comment:

Lindi said...

Congratulations!