Saturday, April 17, 2010

100 Posts and Counting

It's hard to believe that I'm already at 100 posts!  When I started this blog back in September I did so because I was feeling like I wasn't fitting in anywhere.  I've always been a bit off-center.  I played a good part for many years trying to be "normal" but always ended up showing my true colors, I can't help it!

Fortunately, my true colors tend to be different shades of thread, fabric, and embellishments.  I said once that I didn't quilt because I wanted to, it was because I needed to!  For 35 years I've fought it.  Oh, I never stopped doing it or enjoying it, I just fought what it represented in my life.  I used to be embarrassed to say that I was a quilter.  You don't know how many people wanted me to make them a quilt for their bed, (and wanted to pay me nothing to do it).  I honestly believe that they thought that I sat in front of a quilting frame with my sunbonnet on, waiting for the apple pie to cool on the windowsill, while my children played by the barn.

Of course things have changed over the years.  Now it's kinda hip to be a quilter.  Quilt shops are thriving in New York City, and the huge shows, publishing companies, and multitude of fabric lines show how powerful we quilters have become as a purchasing force.

I've shared a lot with you about my life, but mostly about how I feel about quilting and being a quilter.  I've always said that we are a different species, anyone who thinks it's perfectly OK to cut big pieces of fabric into smaller pieces and then sew them back together.....face it, it's a bit odd.

We are "some wild and crazy guys!"

And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Now, to the important stuff....the giveaway!

                         



                         

Congratulations!  I'll be sending you an email so I can get your address.  I think we'd all like to see what you make with all of the embellishments!

Happy Stitching!

Susan

2 comments:

Lindi said...

Congratulations to Lesa, and a BIG Congratulations to you Susan for reaching 100 posts so soon!
Your post will have quite a few heads nodding in agreement with you, about not really fitting in anywhere, and feeling like a different species at times, I imagine. I know mine is. :)

Maddie Can Fly said...

Thanks so much. I've sent you the private email with my info. I can't believe I was lucky enough to win. Great blog and I look forward to your next 100 posts.