Thursday, March 4, 2010

Scout Bags and Bins

Have you seen these Scout bags?  I picked up a huge one at Home Goods a couple of weeks ago and am using it for a baseball bag.  Which means that it sits in my front hall and as I remember things I need to take along to my son's games I throw them in.  Since the season starts early, (this weekend!), it's still cold out here so I need to make sure I have tons of blankets, sweaters, caps, everything!  There've been a few times when my stash has kept those boys in the dugout warm when it's been freezing during the night games.

Anyway, as usual I digress!  The reason I'm bringing this up is that I found a bunch of their stuff on clearance this morning and realized that I was underestimating their usefulness from a quilting point of view.  This large bag would be great for toting a quilt to a long armer, it's got a firm box bottom so it isn't going to fall over, and since it's laminated it will keep everything dry.  I was able to pick up a smaller matching bag to this one that I plan to use for my quilting magazine and hand sewing kit that I take with me to every game. 

                                   
They also have a great selection of different sized bins.  I picked up all they had in this pattern to use for my new desk cubbies.  I also got a couple of large ones to corral those WIPs, and those new fabrics I haven't dealt with yet.  I love the laminated fabrics, and they're much sturdier than the cheaper ones they sell at Target.  Besides, the patterns are bright and cheerful, just perfect for making an office or studio a place where you enjoy spending your time!

I also picked up the most darling little jewelry rack I've ever seen.  I have an idea on how to use it and when I get everything all set up I'll take photos to show you.

In the meantime, I need to get back to clearing out this studio and getting it ready to bring in my new desk!  I'm soooooooo excited!

Happy Stitching!

Susan

No comments: