Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Posse has Spoken....and this Blog's been Chosen!

I was so excited today when I received an email from Jake Finch at Quilter's Home Magazine.  She's one of the editors and emailed me to give me some exciting news.

The Cranky Quilter has been chosen by the "Posse" as one of the best quilting blogs!

Now, I'm one of those people who's a bit reluctant about emails, for some reason I usually think they're bad news.  It probably comes from my last job, where an email usually mean't that someone either wanted something impossible right away, or wanted me to do a job that would take days out of my schedule.  Either way, it was rarely good news so now I'm kind of gun-shy about email. 

I wouldn't say that I'm paranoid, but I don't have the nom-de-plume "the cranky quilter" for nothing.  I used to be one of those "glass is half-full," "things could be worse," "it's not that bad, just rub some dirt on it," kind of people.  Now I still say those things but I don't really mean them.  You see, in my dotage I'm beginning to realize that yes the glass is half empty, things can get a whole lot worse, and dirt rubbed into a wound only brings on infections and long stays in hospitals being pumped full of antibiotics.....not to mention the bill afterwards!

So, when I saw Jake's email my first thought was to skim through it quickly.  I almost thought it was just a thank you for mentioning their magazine in my blog and then these words stuck out....

I wanted to let you know that in the April/May issue, which should be hitting the shelves and mailboxes shortly, that we have a Posse list of the some of the best blogs out there. Yours is one of those listed. We love your style, visually and in writing, and your blog is consistently good.

Well,  it took me all of 100th of a second to jump up from my desk and start a screaming maniac dance around my studio.  It's a good thing I was alone because I probably would have given my husband a heart attack and permanantly damaged my son's psyche, (I can see him years from now in the psychiatrist's office.."We'll Dr., it all started when my mom was screaming and dancing, I just can't get that vision out of my head").  The only living creature at home besides me was my dog, who just peeped out from under the covers and went back to sleep.

I then picked up the phone to call my husband....voicemail!  Then I tried to call my mom....no answer!  I then realized that my best bet would be my friend Antoinette, who works at home like me....and who's probably the most enthusiastic person I know.  So, I called her and we both did the screaming maniac dance.  It felt great and we even worked off some calories.  I need a lot more good news!

I just got another email from Melissa Maher, the other co-editor.  She was responding to my "reply all" from Jake's message.  I have to say that from my interaction with both of them that they're really nice people with great senses of humor, and I look forward to seeing what they do with the magazine. 

The April/May issue should be out soon so keep your eyes out for it. 

And to my loyal readers and followers, thanks for putting up with me!

Happy Stitching!

Susan

4 comments:

SewCalGal said...

Congratulations.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

vivian said...

Woo Hoo!!! I'll have to check it out!

live a colorful life said...

I saw the issue this morning! Congratulations. Super cool to be included.

Anonymous said...

Happy Reborn Year[url=http://sdjfh.in/flexpen/],[/url] everybody under the sun! :)