Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Fishbowl

Another blast from the past.  I discovered this "Fishbowl" quilt while going through some of my old stuff during my recent studio overhaul.  I made this in 1992 and you can see that I actually used some neon fabrics.  This was originally hung in my glass cubicle at the company I worked for at the time, the rainbows were the company's logo.
                           
I had to be very careful with the quilting on the front because the stitches showed through on the back, which worked out well because they gave the back of the quilt the look of water and "ghost" images of the fish on the front.  Here are some details:

I'm constantly amazed at what I've created in the past.  I don't really remember working on this quilt at all, but now that I see it again I understand why everyone at my old job was so impressed by it.  The colors are so vibrant and although the level of workmanship is not near what I can do now, I'm pleased with the design of it.  I may do something like this again, I love the concept of a two sided quilt.
                           
Well, I've got some logo design work to get done so I'm going to have to sign off now.  I'm enjoying my new work space but haven't been able to do any quilting yet.  I can't wait.

Happy Stitching!

Susan

No comments: