Wednesday, March 31, 2010

April's Inspiration - Dena Designs

It was easy selecting this month's "Inspiration" fabric designer, Dena Designs!

 I've enjoyed Dena's fabrics for some time.  She's one of those designers whose style is distinctive, you can always spot her work wherever you see it.  Her designs are licensed for all kinds of products so I'm spotting them all the time, even when I'm not in the fabric store.

What I like about Dena's fabrics are that they have a very fresh, young, and modern appeal, but they're often based on traditional designs.  So, you can make a more traditional quilt from them and have a finished product that combines the best of both worlds.

Dena designs for Free Spirit Fabrics, one of my all time favorite companies, (all of their designers are great!).  The swatches above are from her Leanika line which has been out for a while but is still available online and at quilt stores.  I'd love to get my hands on fat quarters of each print.  Wouldn't they be great as a simple one patch quilt?  The patterns are so pretty on their own it would be a shame to cut them into little pieces.

I was also thinking that these would be great patterns for a baby's or little girl's room, not to mention darling in little sundresses.  This is one of those times when I wish I had a little girl to sew for!

Alas, I guess I'll just have to channel my "little girl" and maybe snatch up enough yardage of one of the simpler prints for a summer skirt.  Now that's an idea! 

I really need to get back to my quilting but I actually have some other work to do so hopefully I can spare a little time tomorrow to get something fun done.  Yippee!!!

In the meantime....

Happy Stitching!

Susan


No comments: