Tuesday, February 9, 2010

More Fun with (Fusible) Scraps

Isn't this fun?  It's certainly bright, a little brighter on your screen than in real life, (thank goodness, it would blind me!).  I'm excited about it because I've found another way to use those scraps I just can't seem to part with.  (There could be a whole episode of "Hoarders" about my scrap baskets!)

This all started with the Medallion Bag I made before Christmas.  Notice that in the corners there are small half triangle squares.  I had a stack of squares from a previous project and decided to cut a square out of them to use for the bag.  I attached fusible web to the whole square and then cut the smaller one out of the corner which left me with these cute little "L" shaped pieces, already coated with fusible web.
                  
                  

I knew I'd find a use for them but I didn't have a whole lot from just the one bag.  Well, now I'm making a bunch of these bags and now I have a stack of these pieces. 

Now, I'm a multi-tasker, (what Mom isn't), and I don't like waste.  So I decided to try to use these pieces to make a quilt as I went along.  I found a piece of a woven plaid, (very important to make sure you have straight lines), and now I'm fusing these little odd pieces to it in between other tasks.  I just leave it near the ironing board with the little pieces in a basket nearby and when I have a few minutes I'm adding to it.  So far I'm liking the look of it.  I'm not sure how I'm going to finish it off yet but by the time I use up all of my scraps an idea will probably occur to me. 

                         
                      

I hope to have some finished bags to show soon.  In the meantime, here's my "Thirties" version.  It's kind of cutesy but I'm embracing my inner child right now, and besides who can resist cute little kids with boxes of chocolates and puppies! 

Happy Stitching!

Susan

No comments: