Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I Dream of Jeannie . . .



Here's the latest on the "Creative Journey" quilt.  I did a lot of embellishment on this fussy-cut flower.  Now I need to figure out where to go next!

I've been working away but don't seem to be getting much done.  It's been raining a lot over here and we California girls aren't used to it.  I've been complaining about how hard the rain's been falling and my Irish husband just laughs.  He says I don't know anything about rain, and snow, and muck.  He grew up on a farm in rural Ireland so he can always make me feel a little foolish when I complain about the weather. Except of course when it's 113 degrees, that's when he complains and I just tell him, "It's not so bad, at least it's a dry heat."

I have so much going on that I'm having a hard time focusing.  I hinted in an earlier post that I may have some big news.  Well, no news yet, but I am working on a book proposal so maybe that will turn out to be something "big."  It's quite a process but I can't complain too much.  I have a background in marketing, writing, design, and presentations so that can't hurt.  The hard part is doing the directions.

I've written so many manuals at different companies I worked for so I thought that would be a breeze, but how do you describe what I do?  I don't even know what I'm doing half the time! 

It's forced me to slow down and take everything step by step by step and it's excruciating.  I really wish I was like Samantha on Bewitched and I could just wriggle my nose and it would all be done. 

Wouldn't that be great?  I remember as a kid I used to dream about being able to do that.  I've never been able to wriggle my nose so I'll just have to nod and blink like Jeannie.  Of course I wouldn't look that great in the Jeannie outfit but if I could "blink" like she could I could make myself look pretty fab pretty fast.

I'd love to have some of that magic.  It would be great to have a clean house without lifting a finger, meals prepared, shopping done, and laundry, OMG, I wouldn't have to do laundry or clean out the dishwasher!

Of course, I'd still do my own quilting but what a stash I'd have, and that expensive machine . . . mine!

Oh well, dream on.  I guess I'll just have to drag myself away from my keyboard, slog through the fabric scraps on the floor and somehow make it through the Nerf bullet covered family room carpet and out to my kitchen, (with a dishwasher that needs to be emptied), to make dinner.  Such are the dreams of an everyday housewife!

At least I get to sew tomorrow, Yippee!!!
Happy Stitching,

Susan


2 comments:

Fiesta said...

Great flower Susan. What project will you be using it in?

Susan Gannon O'Connell said...

Hi Fiesta,

It's actually part of the "Creative Journey" quilt I've been working on for the last few months. I'll post a full quilt shot so you can see where I placed it.