Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Slide Out Strip Storage


Wow, that's some title ... try saying that five times fast!

Yesterday I mentioned that I was reorganizing my studio, again!  Well, I'm finally finished and so excited to get started sewing!

Above is the sliding drawer cabinet I was telling you about yesterday.  I bought it a few years ago at Target in the closet organizing section.  It's very solid and simple in style, which I like.  It's also extremely handy! 

Now I have all of my 3 1/2" and 2 1/2" cut strips lined up and ready to roll.  All I have to do is pull out the drawer and I have instant access.  Of course, I may have to worry about dust so I'm going to have to come up with something to cover these long term, ( I have some large pieces of cardstock that should work), but in the meantime I'm enjoying how neat and organized they are.


                                         
Now that I've cut up all of my odd pieces I don't have any excuse to not sew.  I have a few hours in the morning tomorrow so I hope to get a few things started.  On Friday we will probably avoid the stores, (it's crazy!), and hang out at home all day.  A perfect sewing day!  My husband home to keep my son and dog occupied and a clean and organized studio to work in.

Another thing to be thankful for!

I hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Happy Stitching,

Susan

No comments: