Friday, November 13, 2009

Inspiration


I don't know about you guys, but I find inspiration in all kinds of places.  Recently I was doing an image search and came across this picture.  I love the color combos!  Catch that British flag pillow in hot pink and green!  There's a real joyful mix here so I had to find out more.

Turns out this is a tea shop in Ghiradelli Square in San Francisco.  How could I have missed it?  I lived in the "City" for years but don't get over there very often now.  We usually try to head over during Dungeness Crab season so we can get our crab sandwich fix, so next time we're at the wharf I have to go over and check this place out.  The website is www.crownandcrumpet.com/.  Check it out, the photos are divine and the food looks yummy.  It's such a girly place.  Love it!


It's so funny that I ran across this site.  When I was at the Pacific International Quilt Festival there was a booth that had all of these fun fabric packs, bright pastels with a food theme.  They would have been right at home in this shop.  I didn't buy any there because they were selling them in sets and I already had some of the coordinates.  However I did find these two Michael Miller fabrics online and ordered them.


I just received these and they are as cute as they look.  I have a lot of pink, brown, and green coordinating fabrics so I think this will be a fun combination. 

Here's another photo of the tea shop, love that bright pink and white checkerboard floor!  Wouldn't it make a great border for a quilt?
                                
Isn't it wonderful that you can find inspiration in all kinds of places!  Sometimes I think it's just meant to be as I ordered the fabric before I saw the website.  Of course, my sweet cravings had nothing to do with it . . . yeah, really!

I'm off to do some more cutting and hopefully get some piecing done today.  I also have to try to clear some space in my studio as it's beginning to look like a tornado came through here.

Happy Stitching!

Susan

1 comment:

Kim D. said...

Lovely Tea shop, love those colors too. And the fabrics you purchased are yummy also. I have a fetish for food fabric. Yumm..