Friday, November 27, 2009

Indy-palooza!


Those of you that have been following a while probably remember my little dog Indy.  He loves to hang out in the studio with me, and I enjoy having him. 

I've been meaning to make him a quilted halter for a long time.  I purchased a cloth halter over the summer, (for an exorbinate price!), but it's very light and he needed something warmer.  So, I scavenged in my scraps and did a little strip piecing.  Now he has a flannel lined halter that's nice and snuggly and colorful.  He'll be one fashionable pooch at the park!

I tried my hardest to get him to pose so you can see the detail.  He wasn't cooperative at all!  I was able to snap one picture that will show you the fun fabrics I used, and the basic way the halter fits.  I made a pattern from the expensive one but was able to get a better fit around his neck.  I'm going to have to adjust those straps but he was kind of wiggly.  He'll be more cooperative when he knows we're going to the park.  It's dark and rainy out here so he knows he's not going anywhere, smart dog!

                          

I also made him a little bed to use in the studio, and also to put next to me on my oversized chiar.  This way he can be the same height as my lap and I can pet him and still do needlework.  Works for both of us!
                          
The bed is a very basic box pillow.  I used the scraps from my recent strip cutting marathon to make it and didn't have to cut any pieces!  Love it!  It went together in a couple of hours.

I was looking at the pictures of him and it looks too small for him, but usually when he's sleeping he curls up into this little ball and he's got tons of space on this bed.  I can't wait to see him snuggled up next week while I'm working away.

Well, that's it for now.  A fairly productive day sewing-wise, but I still have to finish that pesky laundry!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I'm off to fold and hang . . .

Happy Stitching,

Susan

No comments: