Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Organized Chaos

My stack of dots. I got lucky and found all of the "mirror dot" fabrics from
Michael Miller on sale at Beverly's Fabrics and Crafts. I thought I'd lost my
chance to get some of the colorways!

This is my "book" case crammed full. My father made it for me years ago and I always try to use it as a guide.

When I can't fit another thing on it I need to start sewing and stop buying. (Yeah, really....)

This shows the top and sides of the case. I got my Gutermann thread cabinet on sale
online. It's so great to be able to grab the color thread I need when I need it...
and it looks kind of cool...

I thought you might like to see how I finally finished my stash organization project. I wish the rest of my studio/office/music room/library/playroom was as organized, but it's nice to have an island of sanity in the midst of chaos!

I don't know about you but whenever I see someone else's stash online or in a book or magazine I always check it out to see what I have. It's fun to do but sometimes disappointing because I always see something I wish I had a piece of. Bummer!

Now, if I could just stop treating all of this fabric like a "collection" and start using up more of it!

Happy Stitching!

Susan

2 comments:

West Michigan Quilter said...

I am so envious! ;0)

Nadders23 said...

I love it! It looks so awesome and colorful! Anything that pops is great to me and very eyepleasing! Love it!!