Monday, September 28, 2009

A Bevy of Butterflies!

Halfway there! Eight butterflies done and eight to go. I'm having so much fun working on this that I'm looking forward to snagging a little time to do more.

My son is home from school for the next two weeks and we have a short trip planned next week so my posts may be erratic. I'm hoping to continue to post daily as it's a great motivating factor for me. I'm enjoying the sharing part almost as much as the sewing part!

The butterflies in this post are my most recent. I was working on them last night while watching the Ken Burns "National Parks" documentary. It was humbling looking at the beauty of nature but inspiring as well.

I still need to put the antennae on this one but I thought I'd post it anyway. For some reason I'll spend hours embroidering the rest of the butterflies but I hate putting the antennae on . . . go figure!

Happy Stitching!

Susan

4 comments:

Karen said...

I love your butterflies! How beautiful they will look all together.

Kim D. said...

Hi Susan, I just found your blog at "Quilting Bloggers". Love your butterflies and I like how you incorporate beading, stitchery and buttons into your work. I'm a quilter and beader and haven't added a lot of beading to my quilts as of yet.

Susan Gannon O'Connell said...

Hi Kim and Karen,

Glad you're enjoying the butterflies. I'm having so much fun with them! Kim, stay tuned as I'm going to be doing some posts on beading on quilts. They add so much texture, color, and light. It's amazing what a smattering of beads can do!

Susan

TJ said...

These beautiful butterflies would never make be believe you could really be cranky! Keep up the great work... tj in germany